Friday, January 8, 2010

Rock Star

One of my good friends just moved to South Carolina.  She left yesterday.  I miss her already.

She was one of those people that you are automatically drawn too.  She is so friendly and outgoing and funny.  We became really close when she started here, our desks were a foot away from each other.  Then we started carpooling together and that's when it solidified.  We would talk forever about anything and everything.  People in our lives that were crazy, people at work that were crazy.  When we stopped carpooling my drives to and from work were just boring and I had to amuse myself by singing at the top of my lungs again.

She started dating this guy that she met through work.  They dated for 6 months and it ended when he broker her jaw on a trip to Florida.  She had to jump out of the car and run to a gas station to call 911.  She moved away to start fresh and to get away from him.  I hate that she had to leave to feel safe again but I totally get it.  It doesn't make my heart any less sad that she is gone. 

We all went out to a local bar this past weekend to just send her out of Texas right.  I took tons of pictures.  Retarded pictures.  And I made her a little gift to take a piece of us back with her.  Here it is:

P1064785

This is totally her.  All night long everyone was throwing up the devil horns.  Over on the left, if you can't read it, says "it's never to late to be a rock star".

Please excuse the crap picture.  I was trying to get a pic before I gave it to her!

2 comments:

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

aw this was sad. it's hard when friends move away. i was that friend that left and i totally get it. she was so bad ass though. can't wait til our road trip!

Unknown said...

Get her on Twitter! Then it will be like she's in your pocket. Cute frame.