Tuesday, October 12, 2010

From girly to boyish?

I need some help.  My Mom is giving us this old furniture because Logan needs some furniture in his room.  It looks pretty feminine and obviously it's going to be used in a boy's room.  Any ideas for ways to man up this furniture?  I was thinking of maybe cutting the spools off the bed frame...but the dressers I'm at a total loss.  I'm not even sure we will use the vanity looking one, but we could use that tall dresser. 




Oh, and his bedding is blue, black and lime green stripes/solids. (think Ben 10)

Or should I just put it all on Craigslist and start looking for something more boyish?

2 comments:

AmazingGreis said...

My first thought was cut off the spools to give the bed frame a more squarish (boyish) look. My second thought was paint it black or dark brown.

The vanity may not work in a boys room, but you could likely use the taller dresser and paint it as well.

If he's into sports you could also change out the dresser hardware for sports knobs or something boyish!

Good luck!

JillybeansMommy said...

I definitely think those spools need to go and black would be awesome. I wouldn't think the vanity would work for him for anything but the dresser could. Or you could craigslist it and look @ ikea for some really reasonable stuff? but i know u like projects LOL... it just looks like too much work for me. :P