Friday, December 11, 2009

Monogrammed tote bag purse



I'm linking up to Infarrantly Creative's Pennywise party. I've never done this before so hopefully I'm doing it right!

I've got a ton of nieces and nephews! Unfortunately, I don't see a whole lot of them very often. Mostly just once or twice a year at family get togethers. I've got four girls all around the ages of 5-8. This is what I came up with as a gift for them. They are filled with little tubes of glitter, bath soap, lip gloss and makeup for all the girls.

purses

I used the little quilting blocks of material. (Fat Quarters I think they are called) They were 79 cents each on Black Friday! I used one pattern for the outside and a coordinating pattern on the inside. So they are technically reversible, but the letters are only on the outside. The pattern I found one day while surfing and when I got ready to make them couldn't find the same one again so I just went by memory. They are basically just little tote bag/purses. The letters are felt and are glued on with fabric glue. Ribbon as handles. :)

So each one costs me less than $3, using some ribbon I already had. That's not counting the inside stuff but all that was from the dollar stores.

I can't wait to see their faces. I think they will really like them!

Now to just figure something out for the boys!

1 comment:

Infarrantly Creative said...

$3~ Pennywise indeed. Thanks for linking up. Merry Christmas.