Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A new year and a new outlook...

So of course now that a brand new year is upon us we have to deal with the ever present resolutions. It seems like every year they are always the same and every year they end up getting tossed by the wayside about April...if we're lucky. Hopefully, this year will be different and I'm posting my resolutions here so they are officially noted and I can't renig on them later.

Resolution #1: "Lose weight, get healthy."

This one is very important to me lately because my Dad was recently diagnosed with Diabetes. He is doing awesome (!!) with his diet and with getting healthier and he is getting better at knowing what he can and can't eat. Which is helping him feel better. Since I had Gestational Diabetes when I was pregnant with Jack I am now officially more likely to develop Diabetes as I get older. So I know now is the time for me to lose weight and stay healthy so that I don't develop diabetes and so that I can just generally be a better Mom and wife.

Resolution #2: "Pay off credit card debt and create and stay on a budget."

I bought a program for the computer to set up a budget and to help us stay on track. So I'll be checking in periodically to let you know how we are doing on that.

Resolution #3: "Spend more time with the family and less time watching TV."

During the summer when we were in our biggest money crunch ($50 more in daycare a week will do that) we cut off our cable and internet. During those months we spent more time together in the evening and actually did things together. Now we still don't have internet but we do have cable and we are always seperated and watching different shows.

Just a few things I want to try to work on in the new year...

No comments: