Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Our Weekend.

Friday: I went out with Robyn and some other girls to this place called Howl at the Moon. It was a lot of fun. It's like a dueling piano bar type thing. Not really my sort of place but I trust Robyn's judgement and she said it was great. The singers/players were really fun and we had a good time...that is until our check came. The didn't have my "girl beer" when I first asked so I was drinking crown all night. $7.50 for a crown and diet. I think I really fell off my chair when I saw that. I'm poor and that is a crazy amount. Oh well, my own fault for letting her start a tab and not paying cash(which I had) to begin with. Lesson learned, although I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon just because of the price.

Saturday: Mike and I took Logan and his baseball friend Zach to the batting cages. We got all suited up and Logan hit a few rounds (well, he swung at them at least) but then Zach kind of got freaked out and thought the balls were going to hit him so he didn't want to bat. So Mike and I swung for a few rounds and then we all went to the game room and played video games and a round of putt putt golf. Logan and Zach are two of the sweetest kids. At the end, when the were cashing in their tickets (after walking around the display booth for probably 20 minutes repeatedly asking me "can I get that?") Logan used his tickets to buy two sets of vampire fangs. One for him and one for Zach. Then when he gave them to Zach, he gave Logan his bouncy ball. We are lucky to have such sweet kids and I can only hope that their friends stay as sweet also. (yea right, I know better...but a Mom can dream can't she?)

Saturday night the boys spent the night with my Mom and Dad. Mike and I were planning on going to a cookoff in Pasadena where some friends of ours have a team. About the time we started getting dressed/ready it started POURING rain. And then one of our friends called and said everyone was leaving. Soooo we spent our Saturday night with me falling asleep on the couch around 7:30p and Mike playing video games all night. We are party animals huh?!? lol Oh well. At least I caught up on some sleep...

No comments: