Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Johnson Family Reunion

The first weekend in May, every year, we have a family reunion.  My Mom's side of the family.  My grandfather was born in this old house in Deadwood, TX.  The biggest city close to it is Carthage, TX if you are looking on a map.  This year my Mom and I drove up Friday morning just us girls so we could stop at all the junk shops and antique stores on the way.  When we ride with the boys they won't let us stop.We got lots of "good" stuff.

This was at the first place we stopped...
IMG00301.jpg
Okay!  Thanks Dear!!

Here's some stuff we got...
IMG00304.jpg
Mom's bird...this is made from an old tire!
IMG00302.jpg
An old timecard holder, Mom's gonna use it to display some of the cards she makes...that's my Mom. :)
IMG00308.jpg
more stuff...
IMG00313.jpg

Here's some awesome stuff I saw, but didn't buy...I'm not made of money y'all!
This glass was a beautiful turquoise crystal color
IMG00305.jpg
Vaseline glass...it glows in black light.  Groovy huh?
IMG00307.jpg

This is going to be a two part post...cause we did a lot of stuff that weekend!  This was just on the way up there.

1 comment:

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

i want those blue glasses. now!