Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My newest hobby

At the end of last year a new small group started up at my church. Blankets and Blessings is a group of ladies that get together and crochet(a few of them prefer to knit) lap blankets that are taken to a local hospice and given to new patients and their families when they arrive. The hospice group we work with is VITAS and they are all over the Houston area. They do so many things to help the families get through the difficult process of watching their loved ones slip away to a better place.

I had never crocheted before in my life. I remember my grandma always doing it and I wish that I had asked her to show me before she died. So I started learning and it just kind of took off from there. I am always on the search for new cool (not old and grandma-ish) patterns and things to try. I've finished a few blankets for the group and also made a few things for friends and family. Here's a few of the things I've made. I wish I had pictures of some other things I've already given away...

baby blanket...it matched her brown/white polka dotted bedding
baby blanket

sundress...this involved sewing also, which is NOT my strong suit...
crochet sundress

Logan's basketball hat...horrible pic
P9201450

So, that's my newest obsession...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Awesome Job! I've crocheted for years. I've got tons of cool patterns if you're interested. Just let me know!
-Angie

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

livie loves her blanket btw! i took a pic of her with it last night and then forgot my camera today to show you!